Pay Per Performance Telemarketing is the process of remunerating a call centre based on the outcomes of the calls. This can include things such as payment per sale, per appointment, per lead generated or per record cleaned. Here is our quick guide to pay per performance telemarketing:
(1) It may seem risk free but finding the right agency and getting things to work can be time consuming
(2) Most sales pay per performance projects fail
(3) Ensure that the call centre is able to control the things they pay for. For example, if the work is to generate appointments, pay per appointment and not by sales which are generated by the appointments.
(4) Be very clear with your contracts and ensure that the rules governing any clawbacks are clearly spelt out.
(5) The best call centres do not start on a pay per performance model. They will work on a fixed rate to start with to ascertain the pricing of the project. Starting on a pay per performance method will only poor quality call centres.